- Your Tax Investigation: What You Need To Know
- My account
- HMRC SECRETS
- HMRC DIRTY TRICKS
- HMRC SNOOPING METHODS
- Join Us
- Video Wall
- Charter For Change
- Taxi Driver
- Useful Links
- HMRC Email Addresses
- Expert advice about tax investigations – The Interview
- HMRC Sets Up Secret Tax System For Society Elite
- Thank You
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Tools: alternative dispute resolution – ADR
- Another HMRC Case Closes With The Help Of Tax Hell
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) What it is, how to use it and why it’s great
- Another reader wins – this time by going to the top
- Taxman sends 2,000 demands to firms that don’t owe a penny after another computer failure
- NAO slams HMRC for IT project blunder
- HMRC Closure Notices are binding – even if sent in error
- Official report reveals taxman wrongly rejects thousands of complaints
- Tax Investigation Customer Service: If HMRC Sold Snickers Bars
- Top Judge Slams HMRC For “Disturbing Approach”
- How To Succeed By NOT Giving HMRC What They Ask For
- Tax Hell rescues another unrepresented taxpayer
- More on HMRC’s nudge tactics / bullying
- Are HMRC Making You Sweat Over Christmas?
- Do HMRC Hijack our Holidays?
- Negotiation in a tax investigation – the importance of sticking to your guns
- A typical story of a HMRC overzealous investigation (AKA bullying)
- How one family were brought to their knees by the taxman
- HMRC Clowns Strike Again
- The Kindness of Strangers
- Another Playground Bully Gets To Learn That There Are Rules In School
- Draft introduction from forthcoming complaints book
- Data Protection Requests / Subject Access Requests
Compliance Checks Decoded
- What happens during a compliance check?
- New eBook now out today – Compliance Checks Decoded
- Working Hard on the next eBook: Compliance Checks Decoded
- Regina v Vagina: A sex worker’s battle with the tax man – exclusive extract featuring Julie Burchill
- HMRC send more people to prison
Data Protection Act
- Hartnett points the finger
- Is tax too complex?
- UK Uncut pay a visit to Dave Hartnett
- HMRC quizzed over bullying tactics
- Closing the tax gap
- Talk direct to Dave Hartnett about his review of tax agents – HMRC Propaganda
- HMRC Gun For Middle England
- More than 1,000 doctors and dentists targeted by HMRC over tax evasion
- How to survive the middle-class tax crackdown
- This Is Our Thing, This Is What We Do
- Praise for “Everything You Wanted to know about a Tax Investigation…”
- “Your e-book was a real eye opener”
- Praise for General Information About Compliance Checks – Decoded
- Tools: Extra Statutory Concession A19 (ESC A19)
- Victory for ESC A19 Campaigners (and common sense)
- Save ESC A19
- What happened to the ESC A19 Flowchart?
- Can prostitution contribute £5.3bn to UK GDP?
- Prostitutes and drug dealers are to be included in official GDP figures
- Escort told to pay £120,000 in unpaid tax on earnings or go to jail
Everything You Wanted to Know About Tax Investigation
- More great feedback from a reader who’s been helped
- Feedback from top level tax proffesional Mark McLaughlin
- Another success story
- Less than two weeks to go before the Self Assement deadline – what you need to know
- We made a help button
- Have HMRC refused to tell you why you are being investigated?
- HMRC tactics: making you wait – for years
- HMRC uses ‘nudge’ letters to intimidate
- HMRC to slash 300 jobs
- What is a Compliance Check?
- HMRC fritter £10k in Self Assessment penalty blunder
- Treasury select committee kick HMRC ass
- The Sunday Times says, “It’s time to take on the taxman”
- Watchdog report on HMRC – Tax doesn’t have to be threatening…
- Landlords Beware: Five Ways HMRC Find Out About Undeclared Rental Income
- Why Can’t HMRC Get It Right? An Addiction To Low Hanging Fruit
- Should HMRC tell me why they’ve opened an investigation?
- Wealthy People Move Property Offshore To Dodge Tax
- Tools: You can read HMRC’s manuals
- Prime Minister benefited from his father’s tax dodging scheme
- Using Google’s corporate tax affairs to catapult your story into the media
- Business Records Checks to be terminated
- Justice costs – charge for Tribunal appeals
- In a tax investigation, what is “Helping”?
- In a tax investigation, what is “Telling”?
- What’s the difference between a prompted and unprompted disclosure?
- More golden rules for avoiding a penalty
- More on Reasonable Care and Penalty
- HMRC’s Penalty Factsheet: Reasonable Care
- Understanding HMRC’s Peanalty Factsheet
- HMRC asking for infomation they are not entitled to
- When it’s right to name and shame HMRC
- Can you leave me a review please?
- Reader feedback
- HMRC help you fill out your online tax return
- Cracks starting to show at HMRC as they fail to bring in the cash they projected
- 38 Degrees list their “12 Tax Dodgers of Christmas”
- Who pays what tax and is it right if it’s legal?
- Punish The Tax Avoidance Advisers, Demands Margaret Hodge
- How many years can HMRC go back?
- More great feedback for the ebook
- Is our tax expert any good?
- A third of HMRC callers waiting 10 minutes
- HMRC Should Remember They Are Not The Secret Police Says Libby Purves
- ESC A19 – the battle goes on
- HMRC’s £24bn from tax crackdown looks bogus
- Taxpayer wins appeal against ‘careless’ penalty
- Just say no!
- HMRC claims £24bn from tax crackdown
- Tiger Aspect is looking for case studies for their HMRC documantary
- How far can HMRC go back?
- HMRC and Penalties – a new draconian regime
- What is a Penalty?
- Dawn Raid and Critical Incident – what you need to know
- Staff quit HMRC in highest numbers for four years as stress rises
- The benefits of helping with a check
- What is a compliance check?
- The Sunday Times: Prosecutions rise as taxmen target middle-class evaders
- HMRC Come Top In ‘Phone Rage Charts’
- Fan mail
- What’s happening with the single compliance process?
- Google still in tax trouble
- HMRC gun for tax planning schemes – a second letter
- HMRC Enquiries for EBT Loans from Cascade London
- Do you need help with a tricky tax decision?
- Penfolds / Cascade update – Kingston Smith now on appeals
- 0845 – The truth comes out
- How HMRC tracks down rogue tax payers
- Shifting Pages – Your Feedback Please
- How to spend more than you have got
- True Story
- What a difference a year makes
- HMRC go fishing (again) with Business Records Checks
- HMRC gun for ‘easy target’ small firms
- New Look
- How to make wealth and jobs
- Fan Mail – we
- The HMRC malaise
- If this is your tax problem
- By popular demand here is a sample of the new eBook
- We can help
- Another lovely comment – keep’em coming
- This is how I see it
- Success story
- The new eBook has arrived!
- £13 TRILLION HIDDEN FROM TAXMAN
- ESC A19 gets into trouble
- Jimmy Carr K2 tax avoidance whooo-haaa
- HMRC gun for Taxi Drivers
- HMRC Boss Mike Clasper to get the boot
- Chancellor in tax dodge shocker
- HMRC bangs up plumber
- Tax getting more complex
- What can you claim as an expense? Pontoon owner wins appeal
- Congratulations to HMRC is Shite
- The Best of British
- HAVE YOU FILED YOUR TAX RETURN YET?
- MPS SLAM ‘COSY’ HMRC TAX DEAL
- Tax Boss to go
- Tax rebates stolen by Revenue and Customs hackers – from today’s Sunday Times
- Does HMRC owe you cash?
- HMRC use new powers for a battering
- Open letter to HMRC boss Mike Clasper
- The mystery of EM2097
- HMRC will go for tax ‘light touch’
- HMRC to tighten investigation net
- HMRC gets tough on persistent tax evaders
- Deadline today
- So it’s not just me then!
- Your Interview with HMRC
- SMEs to get a HMRC kicking
- Fear and Loathing at HMRC
- Revenue and Customs boss says he need not apologise
- Errors by the taxman increase by 148 per cent – from today’s times
Litigation and Settlement Strategy
- Now taxman can grab £17k straight from your salary: HMRC denounced for setting ‘a new high in state intrusion’
Public Accounts Committee
Subject Access Request
- Stars face hefty bill over film tax breaks – don’t be fooled by the smoke and mirrors
- HMRC extends self-assessment tax deadline
- Tips to make completing your Tax Return a little less painful – Some timely advice from the good people at Holder & Combes
- Hi To Everybody Who’s Come To The Blog Through The Sunday Times…